[Haskell-cafe] Looking for a paper [Dijkstra-Dot]

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Tue Jun 9 00:46:58 UTC 2020

> Richard O'Keefe wrote:

> This is one of the notational issues where I venture to disagree
> with the Master.  It's on a par with arguing that a number like
> 1234 would be easier to read as 1`2`3`4 where the semantics of
> x`y is x*10+y.

Thanks Richard, and more to the point/dot:

If dot means function application then `3.14` must be `3` applied to `14`.

Or perhaps the Master expects Floats to be written European-style with commas?

Good luck with that in Haskell. Let's also use Euro-style space as
thousands separator!

Or perhaps Dijkstra as more mathematician doesn't dirty his hands with Floats.

Meta: all the above is tongue-in-cheek.

AntC