[Haskell-cafe] Intermediate Modern Haskell

Carette, Jacques carette at mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 17 23:01:30 UTC 2020

Hurray for google translate... I could have dealt with French easily, deciphered quite a few other Romance languages, but German isn't in my bag of tricks. Oh, it wasn't hard to mostly guess, but since I didn't have to...

Nice list of topics. I should get a copy of Thinking with Types and officially review it for this purpose. To late for this year, maybe next time.

On the topic list: this is the TOC of Thompson's book. Naturally algebraic data types show up already in chapter 1, but are not named as such until later, and then keep getting revisited.  So it's not as bad as that! 😉

Yes, Brent's version of CIS194 is brilliant. I could probably use material from the latter half of that course too. [Brent and I go way back - look at the 2nd paragraph of the Acknowledgements in his PhD thesis for details.]