[Haskell-cafe] Intermediate Modern Haskell

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Dec 17 11:49:46 UTC 2020

Hi,

when I was in a similar situation two years ago
(an advanced course, after something basic) I had this list of topics
https://imweb.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/edu/modul/seminar/fkps/

This was not a lecture but "Seminar", meaning that students give talks.
Not all topics were actually presented -
depending on number, and preferences, of participants.

Meanwhile, I would probably add something on Foldable
(cf. Section 7 of https://arxiv.org/abs/1808.08329)

and I do plan to use https://thinkingwithtypes.com/ next time.

Best regards, Johannes.

PS: overview of my basic course:
https://imweb.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/talk/17/wflp/

with that regard - on your list of topics:

"Basic: ... algebraic data types" - comes last - good heavens!
For me, it's first. See also Joachim's CIS 194.

"likely cover: ... recursion schemes" - by all means do!
Second lecture of basic course! Full marks for Brent's version
of CIS194 https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~cis194/spring13/lectures.html