[Haskell-cafe] [HF-discuss] Do something about Cabal?

Yasuaki Kudo yasu at yasuaki.com
Fri Dec 11 10:09:19 UTC 2020

Hi!

I have not done any serious programming in Haskell (although at some point I would love to 😄) , I am interested in this topic, because this is one of the first obstacles of using it...

I wonder if it's possible to appropriate GNU Guix as the distribution channel of many libraries.

I heard it is now an experimental package in Debian😄 https://packages.debian.org/experimental/guix

(FYI - After experimenting with both NixOS and Guix recently and I decided to favor Guix - but I notice Stack already has Integration with Nix?)

And here is the Guix packaging guide I found for Python
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Python-Modules.html

Cheers,
Yasu