[Haskell-cafe] Teaching High-School one-semester FP (using Haskell)

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie
Fri Dec 11 10:23:18 UTC 2020

Dear all

> On 11 Dec 2020, at 00:07, Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

.... stuff elided

> So recursion looks to me as funtional programming's GOTO, and if it is tail recursive, it actually is one.

Yes, but it's "GOTO considered beneficial"  ;-)

Thanks to Zachi for asking the original question - I've already seen lots more ideas for me to chase up for my course!

Regards, and Happy Holidays,

  Andrew

Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero at TCD, Head of Software Foundations & Verification Research Group
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
                         http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/