[Haskell-cafe] When did it become so hard to install Haskell onWindows?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Apr 27 15:34:47 UTC 2020

Am 27.04.20 um 12:55 schrieb Ben Franksen:
> Funny, for me it's exactly the other way around: when I see a repair
> shop which is dirty and with tools and parts strewn around I think: They
> are doing acual work here. When I see a clean and orderly shop I tend to
> think: They care about appearances, rather than getting the work done.

That used to be a useful guidelines a few decades ago, but that changed
a lot in the last 10, 20 years.
Of course, if it's an old-school mechanis, this may be the best workshop
ever - it will just go away when the current owner retires.

> This very much differs from how I view the /result/ of the work: here I
> regard everything that has not been done in a clean and orderly fashion
> as deficient. (And that goes for software, too, especially if it is mature.)

Sure, but how do you judge that work if you're not an expert?
With old-style cars, you could inspect the machinery, even if you
weren't fully educated you could see if there was grime in the gears or
not. With today's cars and their electronics, and today's
millions-of-lines software, that kind of check has become impossible.