[Haskell-cafe] When did it become so hard to installHaskellonWindows?

lonetiger at gmail.com lonetiger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 09:30:36 UTC 2020

And to be clear, if it because you don’t want to use a commandline and want an installer
Chocolatey also provides a GUI overlay, It is after all. A bog standard package manager.

https://github.com/chocolatey/ChocolateyGUI/releases/download/0.17.0/ChocolateyGUI.msi

Is the latest release. It has the familiar “Click and installer asks for UAC and magic happens in background”.

That Pedro may be looking for as well.

Afterwards you just check the box for Haskell-dev and click install.

If you want GHC 8.6.5, you click the all versions button and install that. Haskell-dev is nothing but a wrapper to
Install msys2, ghc and cabal.  Select those 3 components and you get the same thing.

So whether you install Haskell-dev and then downgrade to GHC 8.6.5 or you install GHC 8.6.5 + msys2, both should work

Tamar