[Haskell-cafe] GHC Dockerimage

Utku Demir lists at utdemir.com
Sat Apr 18 07:36:56 UTC 2020

Indeed. I just added it to utdemir/ghc-musl's README.

I think building it as a regular Docker image on top of Alpine has
some advantages over mine. In paticular, the user can easily use
it as a base image and extend it with more libraries from Alpine's
repository. Nix-based Docker image lacks this ability since it requires
rebuilding the whole image on any change. Currently I just embed
commonly used libraries with the images, but it is not a great solution.

If your project survives and keeps working reliably (it's a hard job
maintaining different GHC versions), I will consider deprecating
utdemir/ghc-musl :).

Thanks!
Utku