[Haskell-cafe] ANN: reflex-basic-host-0.2.0.1, reflex-backend-socket-0.2.0.0

Jack Kelly jack at jackkelly.name
Tue Oct 29 07:13:27 UTC 2019

I have just pushed two packages to hackage:

1. reflex-basic-host-0.2.0.1[1], a reflex host library for backend
   work, and

2. reflex-backend-socket-0.2.0.0[2] a reflex-flavoured wrapper around
   TCP sockets.

The most important changes to reflex-basic-host are:

* Hosts no longer needlessly fork a thread, meaning that it is safe to
  call native code which expects all library calls to come from a common
  thread; and

* Each host runs in a separate Reflex timeline, which makes it possible
  to run multiple Reflex hosts in parallel. There is an example[3] on
  GitHub demonstrating two hosts passing messages to each other.

I hope people find it useful. GitHub issues and PRs welcome[4, 5].

Best,

-- Jack

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/reflex-basic-host-0.2.0.1
[2] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/reflex-backend-socket-0.2.0.0