[Haskell-cafe] Informal modelling and simulation of protocols

P Orrifolius porrifolius at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 00:38:05 UTC 2019

Hi, Will (and Ian)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 23:11, Will Yager <will.yager at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/dejafu might do what you want

Thanks for the suggestion, that does look useful.
>From a quick look at the documentation... am I right in thinking that
this test framework only covers concurrency when you're directly using
IOVars and STM?  Any concurrency that might involve other primitives,
or IOVar/STM uses in libraries, wouldn't be testable?  Unless the
primitives/library had also been written to use the dejafu io classes
and monads of course... which might be a good idea in and of itself.
Definitely looks good for helping ensure correctness at my protocol
implementation layer, and I can conceive of building a protocol model
testable by it, so thanks for the link.  Need to think more about the
relative merits of that approach vs Spin vs FRP.

Thanks.