[Haskell-cafe] segfault depending on code position in source file

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:35:03 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 22. Feb. 2019 um 11:39 Uhr schrieb Damien Mattei <
damien.mattei at gmail.com>:

> [...] but i think it's the 8.2 compiler that cause the bug...

After a quick look at your code, I very much doubt that. You use the
mysql-simple package, which in turn uses the mysql package, which in turn
uses the native mysqlclient library. My (and probably most people's)
reaction here is: It is much, much more probable that either

   a) you use the package/library incorrectly

or

   b) the package/library has a bug

than that you have discovered a compiler bug for otherwise farily trivial
code. Your best bet is to either rip out the mysql dependencies and still
reproduce the bug or issue a bug report at e.g.
https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/issues.

Note that I'm not saying that GHC is bug-free, it is just a question where
people will probably like to spend their time on. Given the fact that there
are tons of buggy packages/libraries with questionable quality out there,
it is basically *your* onus to show that your problem is GHC's fault.

Just my 2c...