[Haskell-cafe] Amazonka: is it possible to work around deserialisation bug?
jhenahan at me.com
Mon Feb 18 21:23:35 UTC 2019
Newtype would be my plan, too.
Also really glad to see this thread, because I’m *also* trying to migrate away from “stringing CLI calls together with bash” to a sensible programming model, and this is great to be aware of before I get too into it.
Thanks for reporting it upstream (both to the library and to Amazon)!
> On Feb 18, 2019, at 15:58, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> Utku Demir <lists at utdemir.com> writes:
>> I had a similar problem before, my workaround was creating a newtype
>> wrapper around the original request and implementing 'AWSRequest'
>> instance by hand. That let me override the way response is parsed.
>> I dug up the code, the override is here:
>> And here is how I sent the request:
> That's an arguably nicer way than how I solved it; I just removed the
> bits causing the error since I didn't need them anyway:
> Then I used `stack` to point to my modified version. I wouldn't be
> surprised if people on the list already know how, but just in case I'll
> throw in a link to my description of it: http://magnus.therning.org/posts/2019-02-10-000-using-stack-to-get-around-upstream-bugs.html
> Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
> email: magnus at therning.org
> twitter: magthe http://magnus.therning.org/
> If you can tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
> — Mark Twain
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to:
> Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe