[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hledger 1.16

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Dec 3 21:51:22 UTC 2019

I'm pleased to announce hledger 1.16.1 !

hledger 1.16 was released on schedule on 2019-12-01, but only to
hackage and github, since I was travelling and behind a rain-disrupted
microwave link. Today brings the release notes & docs updates on
hledger.org, and a 1.16.1 point release with some packaging updates.

Thanks to release contributors Dmitry Astapov, Mykola Orliuk, Brian
Wignall, Alejandro GarcĂ­a Montoro, Timofey ZAKREVSKIY, Amitai
Burstein, and Michael Kainer.

hledger is a robust, cross-platform, multicurrency, plain text
accounting tool, with command-line, terminal and web UIs. It is one of
the leading implementations of plain text accounting, and is a modern
and largely compatible reimplementation of Ledger. Use it for tracking
money, time, stocks, cryptocurrencies or any other commodity,
Learn more at http://hledger.org and http://plaintextaccounting.org .

WHAT'S NEW:

GHC 8.8 support, much more powerful CSV conversion rules, percentage balance reports, misc improvements.
https://hledger.org/release-notes#hledger-1-16 .

GETTING STARTED:

Many install methods are described at http://hledger.org/download .
Some of these might take a few days to become up to date; look for the green badges.
You can build the latest by doing:

stack update; stack install --resolver=lts hledger-lib-1.16.1 hledger-1.16.1 hledger-ui-1.16.1 hledger-web-1.16.1 --silent

or:

cabal v2-update; cabal v2-install hledger-1.16.1 hledger-web-1.16.1 hledger-ui-1.16.1

To start recording transactions: "hledger add".
To list more commands: "hledger".
See http://hledger.org for docs and support,
or join #hledger on Freenode (http://irc.hledger.org),
or join via Matrix (http://riot.hledger.org).

New and old users, contributors, sponsors, and all feedback are
most welcome!

Best,
-Simon