[Haskell-cafe] Generating tagfiles for Vim

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 05:14:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM Vanessa McHale <vanessa.mchale at iohk.io> wrote:

> Unfortunately, fast-tags doesn't work with happy/alex/c2hs preprocessors :(

Oh I guess it doesn't.  Support wouldn't be hard to add though, I
think it just needs to understand LINE pragmas.  Then you'd have to do
some editor hackery to get it to run on the generated output when you
edit the source file, e.g.

if expand('%') =~ *.chs; then "fast-tags build/chs/" + expand('%'); else ...

Substitute build/chs/ for wherever your build puts the generated .hs
files of course.  Add a feature request if you think you'd use such a
feature.

Also note that fast-tags directly supports cabal files, I do a
`fast-tags --cabal **/*.cabal` on a hackage snapshot to get tags for
all of hackage and ghc, and then make that be the secondary tags file,
so I can jump to any definition, internal or external.