[Haskell-cafe] Well typed OS

Vanessa McHale vanessa.mchale at iohk.io
Sun Oct 21 17:43:26 UTC 2018

I've never understood why functional (and in particular
Haskell-influenced) approaches to hardware never took off. I suspect it
was political (Haskell is too academic, etc.), or perhaps the companies
using it are just quiet about it :)

I think you could use monads for clock domains. Once something has a
clocked input, its output will be clocked too - it fits well with the
"lift anything unclocked to clocked, but once clocked it is *always*
clocked".