[Haskell-cafe] hiring PureScript coder

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:23:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Leandro Ostera <leandro at ostera.io> wrote:

> Iā€™d point you right at ReasonML then ā€” Ocaml dressed as JavaScript šŸ™ŒšŸ¼
>
> And the ReasonReact bindings of course.

I should add that I don't want to learn another language... my time is
already limited enough. My Haskell experience should make Purescript easy,
and the way Purescript fits elegantly with JavaScript should mean that I
can learn what I need to about JS libraries, and incorporate them, without
any inefficiency.

Learning OCaml, however... too much. With Scala, I learned that a combo
OO/FP language requires a lot of effort to master... it's not just a matter
of knowing FP and knowing OO and then assuming you can mix them expertly.
It's really an entirely new category of language.

I would be willing to consider another Haskell-like language in place of
Purescript, and a framework other than React.