[Haskell-cafe] Alternative Preludes

Vanessa McHale vanessa.mchale at iohk.io
Thu Jun 28 12:10:22 UTC 2018

I would suggest just using the text package and importing it qualified.
Foundation has its own text type which is supposedly fast, but it
introduces some complications as well.

rio looks too involved to me. This all depends on your project - plenty
of libraries have no need to depend on mtl or vector, so adding them as
dependencies just makes your builds more fragile.  Lots of these
libraries break cross-compilation too (or just make it more difficult).
But if you're writing an application for use on your computer only, none
of this matters.

Also you shouldn't be afraid of lists. They have their place in
functional programming and Haskell.