[Haskell-cafe] Investing in languages (Was: What is your favourite Haskell "aha" moment?)

Brett Gilio brettg at posteo.net
Thu Jul 12 23:52:33 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 06:46 AM, PY wrote:
  written in Websharper and in any Haskell framework. Haskell is beauty
> but I'm afraid its fate unfortunately will be the same as one of Common
> Lisp, NetBSD, etc - it's ground for ideas and experiments and has
> disputable design. Also it's more-more difficult to teach children to
> Haskell than to F#...

I wonder if this is simply a result of the marketing of the language,
itself, rather than the strength of the language. I agree, F# has a lot
of beauty, but there remain many things that Haskell has a leg up on
that F# lacks, like dependent types.

--
Brett Gilio
brettg at posteo.net | bmg at member.fsf.org