[Haskell-cafe] Investing in languages (Was: What is yourfavourite Haskell "aha" moment?)

Paul aquagnu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:07:27 UTC 2018

ML structures/signatures/functors are gone IMHO due to namespaces and F# modules. As I know attempts to be more close to Haskell fail, so Microsoft decides to switch to ML as own dialect. All decisions were taken because of .NET architecture, sure (and OOP is close to .NET, original Ocaml OOP was not easy adapting). But for me it looks cool. For example, syntax for objects looks canonical, not like something alien for ML. My IMHO is that Microsoft takes right direction in F# as well as C#.