[Haskell-cafe] Investing in languages (Was: What is your favourite Haskell "aha" moment?)

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Thu Jul 12 17:20:34 UTC 2018

quoth Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org>

> F# is OCaml, ported and adapted to .net.
> Or at least it started that way; I don't know how far they have diverged.

Rather far.  Don't quote me, I know only what I've read about F# and
am not sure I know that, but lots of Objective CAML was tossed, and
of course there's a lot of .NET.  The syntax apparently uses significant
white space, so that's one huge step forward if it works - the standard
Objective CAML syntax is quite evil in that respect.  But I believe the
interesting parts are gone: modules, and the OOP implementation, which
I have the impression might be one of the more respectable OO designs.

	Donn