[Haskell-cafe] Optimization demonstration

Dušan Kolář kolar at fit.vut.cz
Wed Feb 28 14:03:44 UTC 2018

Many thanks all for replies, yes, that's what I assumed/wrote. C compiler does compile-
time evaluation, while ghc does another transformation. And, well, yes, declaring
upper bound in loop in extra file breaks the optimization for C compiler and, thus, both
evaluation times for C and Haskell binaries are the same thus.

Thank you once, again,

Dušan

P.S.
If anyone can point me to resource, where examples on demonstration of Haskell
optimization are, I'll be very glad.
D.