[Haskell-cafe] GHC 8.2.2 for WSL Ubuntu 16.04

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Feb 13 11:21:06 UTC 2018

Shao Cheng wrote:
> Thank you! A simpler fix for WSL ghc users is upgrading to fast ring of
> insider builds, the mmap overhead is much lower and ghc startup lag is
> barely noticable.

Thanks, that's good news. I can't use an insider build - I need to be on
standard Windows in order to support our customers. The latest reports
in the GitHub issue seemed to indicate that the slowness is still quite
significant even on insider builds. I'm glad to hear you say that this is no
longer true. I am looking forward to regular GHC binary tarballs working
normally on regular WSL sometime in the near future.

Yitz