[Haskell-cafe] rolling span and groupBy for lists

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Mon Feb 5 19:03:58 UTC 2018

Thus quoth  Harendra Kumar  on Mon Feb 05 2018 at 18:30 (+0100):
> Yes, Hayoo seems to be giving better results, I found more variants having
> the behavior I want, it seems this variant is quite popular but still not
> in any standard libraries.
>
> Interestingly the problem of too many choices and no standard one that can
> be discovered applies to search engines as well. In this case there are
> only two choices but still it is of the same nature. I knew about hayoo but
> forgot to use it in this case. How much time should one spend on finding a
> trivial function before giving up and making the choice to write their own?
> I wish there was a standard, quick, good quality way of discovering what to
> use.  It seems the Haskell ecosystem DNA encourages more and more
> fragmentation rather than consolidation. I think the community/leaders
> should acknowledge this problem and work on making things better in the
> short/long run.

A Single Liberal Unified Registry of Haskell Packages (SLUPR), an effort
in this direction, has been recently announced:

  https://github.com/haskell/ecosystem-proposals/pull/4

You may want to contribute to the discussion.

--
Sergiu

--
Sergiu