[Haskell-cafe] Places to write and publish projects that "explain ideas"?

Siddharth Bhat siddu.druid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 12:34:04 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I have somewhat of an unorthodox problem. I've been writing on and off, a
series on implementing compilers
"beautifully" in haskell, called tiny-optimising-compiler
<http://github.com/bollu/tiny-optimising-compiler>. They're literate
haskell files, with the aim
of explaining the really elegant ideas that exist in compilers literature -
data flow analysis, abstract interpretation, SSA, continuations, scalar
evolution,
and some more slightly out-there / research-y things, like polyhedral
compilation,  equality saturation.

However, I'm also a research student at my university, and am expected to
publish before I graduate. I was
looking for possible places to publish a project such as this, whose
selling point would be "explains things
elegantly, and possibly rewords standard things to nice looking haskell".
Are there places where one
could conceivably publish about such a project? If not, I forsee myself not
being able to finish this project
for a while longer, and that would make me sad.

Thanks, and a merry christmas to all,
~Siddharth