[Haskell-cafe] ANN: network-126.96.36.199
evan at evanrutledgeborden.dreamhosters.com
Sat Apr 28 23:19:08 UTC 2018
The 188.8.131.52 release is mostly communicating change. There are a few new
but much of this release is dedicated to preperation for 184.108.40.206. Many long
standing functions and modules with tacit deprecation have been officially
marked as such.
* Obsoleting the Network module.
* Obsoleting the Network.BSD module.
* Obsoleting APIs: MkSocket, htonl, ntohl,
send, sendTo, recv, recvFrom, recvLen,
isConnected, isBound, isListening, isReadable, isWritable,
aNY_PORT, iNADDR_ANY, iN6ADDR_ANY, sOMAXCONN,
packFamily, unpackFamily, packSocketType
* Do not closeFd within sendFd
* Exporting ifNameToIndex and ifIndexToName from Network.Socket.
* New APIs: setCloseOnExecIfNeeded, getCloseOnExec and getNonBlock
* New APIs: isUnixDomainSocketAvailable and getPeerCredential
* socketPair, sendFd and recvFd are exported even on Windows.
Upcoming changes in 220.127.116.11 will include:
* Functions and modules marked as deprecated in 18.104.22.168 will be removed.
* New APIs introduced in 22.214.171.124 will be present in 126.96.36.199.
* Socket addresses will have an extensible API.
* Linux, BSD and Windows will all have the same API.
188.8.131.52 has been implemented, but we will wait a sufficient period of time
before releasing it.
As always thanks to network contributors!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe