[Haskell-cafe] [Call for Contributions] Haskell Communities and Activities Report, November 2017 edition (33rd edition)

Karim Salah karim.salah2048 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:16:11 UTC 2017

Asteroids
Name: Kareem salah (FCIH)
status: stable, actively developed
participants: mostafa hazem, khaled hesham, belal ibrahim

​

  Asteroids is Haskell version of the known asteroids game which was
developed with many programing languages as startup project
the main aim of the game is to score the highest score by shooting the
coming asteroids while avoiding them (just remember u have only three
spaceships)
the game is simulating the space physics so don't think it is so easy.
the game following up the original game rules beside that we added a
multi-player system to invite your friends to join your campaign.
our team found it a good opportunity to develop a version using Haskell and
by using the lazy programming techniques in our favor we were able to
provide a stable fps

a stable version of the game was released and it's free to download and play
we are looking forward for active contributions in order to add versus
system, rewarding system and progression system
so, forward contributions related to code refinement or adding features is
welcomed

url : https://github.com/kareem2048/Asteroids