[Haskell-cafe] uninstalling libraries

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 07:31:34 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Neil Mayhew
<neil_mayhew at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>  On 2017-11-13 08:30 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> The thing you want is called a package manager.
>
> Evan, have you considered using Nix? It's a package manager that sits on top
> of the OS, and works on Linux and Mac OS. My Haskell development has been
> much happier since I switched to using Nix.

I have, but more just for fun because it seems like a neat system, and
also of course because everyone keeps saying how great it is.  But not
necessarily to solve a real problem, since uninstalling the odd
package already works fine.  Except that /usr/local/lib fiasco.  If
there are more fiascos in the future I might wind up with nix :)