[Haskell-cafe] Project idea, seeking feedback

Markus Läll markus.l2ll at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:10:53 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

this is obviously highly ambitious if you want to get this right. If
you actually plan to start on this, then since there are plenty of
DSL's that eventually run on one machine, then where I would start is
the distributed part. I.e make something that passes around an Int,
and have it deploy to any number of machines. Then add gradually add
complexity, like distributed queues and workers, ways to enforce
ordering on when results of works are to be
submitted/accepted. Implementing precedence graphs would be
interesting. Then there is limiting congestion and probably many more
kinds of limits you want to add to different points in the graph.

Just some random ideas. But start and deploy something very simple at
first.

Markus Läll