[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.2.2 release candidate 2

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:56:14 UTC 2017

> Amen to that.  I find the diagnostic output of 8.2 substantially improved
> (more useful in locating the reported bugs) over previous versions.  So
> reverting to previous behaviour would not be a good idea.

I didn't propose that, just a way to *optionally* get the old behavior back
until we blissfully live in a world with a stable machine-readable
interface.

> It should not take too long for the relevant emacs modules to be updated.
> And they should be made more forgiving of small changes in the output
> format (use less precise regular expressions).

If I understand the tickets correctly, there is a loss of information, so
this might not be possible. OTOH, I don't fully understand how haskell-mode
works under the hood...

Cheers,
   S.