[Haskell-cafe] emacs problem : haskell mode keeps hanging to report types, renders emacs useless

Sean Matthews seanmatthews1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 09:07:21 UTC 2017

Good questions.  Should have said more in my original email.

1. Exact behavior is that Emacs freezes for about a minute and displays (in
bold) in the type of the word I'm over.
    Thus, I was trying to edit a small a-list with dummy 0.000s in the
range.  Every third keystroke, emacs stopped to tell me that
    my cursor was over 0.000::Double and I have to wait an indeterminate
time (at least tens of seconds, sometimes a minute or more)
    to get control back.

2. This is in Windows (8)

3. No the rest of the system does not freeze, thus allowing me to bring up
the process monitor and kill emacs.

4. I can't identify a combination of keys that does this. It seems to be
entirely random when I am moving the cursor around.

5. Turning off doc mode (etc.), which I first guessed might be the problem,
does not help.

--
Sean Matthews
seanmatthews1 at gmail.com / +49 1515 800 1901