[Haskell-cafe] GUI for Servant clients?

Manuel Gómez targen at gmail.com
Tue May 16 06:08:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:16 AM Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything close to having a relatively automated solution to
> "here is the Servant API types, here is the workflow it should follow,
> now give me some webpages" (which I could preferably either package up
> using threepenny-gui, Electron or just a few HTML files I can email to
> the project admins - who all run Windows - to use)? It doesn't have to
> look pretty, just work.

It's nowhere as plug-and-play as what you've envisioned, sadly, but perhaps
you could have some success by having your endpoints output a [Siren]
hypermedia representation of your server resources and then pointing one of
the various API browsers[1][2][3] at it, though they do look like
development has been abandoned nowdays, sadly.

I even have some (very old, never published, never battle-tested,
unmaintained, probably broken, not so well designed) [code] that's handy to
generate Siren resource representations; it may serve as a starting point
if you decide this is a reasonable way forward.

[Siren]: https://github.com/kevinswiber/siren
[1]: https://github.com/applicaster/siren-browser
[2]: https://github.com/wurlinc/siren-browser
[3]: https://github.com/kevinswiber/siren-api-browser