[Haskell-cafe] GUI for Servant clients?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue May 16 05:14:50 UTC 2017

I have a project where I'm using Servant to write a server.  There
will be some admin tasks involved (predominantly manual account
sign-up, to restrict who is allowed to access it), and it will be much
easier for the actual administrators to do so with a visual interface
of some kind (because I somehow don't see them being able to use curl
;-)

Whilst I could try and integrate web pages for the admin tasks into
the server, from a separation of concerns and security pen-testing
point of view, it would be preferable to instead expose the admin
tasks as authenticated endpoints and use a client for that.

Is there anything close to having a relatively automated solution to
"here is the Servant API types, here is the workflow it should follow,
now give me some webpages" (which I could preferably either package up
using threepenny-gui, Electron or just a few HTML files I can email to
the project admins - who all run Windows - to use)? It doesn't have to
look pretty, just work.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com