[Haskell-cafe] benchmarking a function that returns an unlifted type

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 20:11:08 UTC 2017

The critical feature of whnf (as I understand it) is that GHC does not use
the static argument transformation. The function passed to "go" therefore
doesn't inline into it. So you'll have to write your version in some
fashion that similarly prevents undesirable inlining. Could you just copy
the code and specialize it to the desired type?