[Haskell-cafe] To  Or Not To 
johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Mar 9 15:07:16 UTC 2017
I wrote a text (well, you might call it a rant)
on the tragic over-use of lists in Haskell,
based on my experience in programming and teaching.
* If your program accesses a list by index (with the !! operator),
then your program is wrong.
* If your program uses the length function, then your program is wrong.
* If your program sorts a list, then your program is wrong.
* If you wrote this sort function yourself, then it is doubly wrong.
* The ideal use of a list is such that will be removed by the compiler.
* The enlightened programmer writes list-free code with Foldable.
Have fun reading, and avoiding lists from here on!
More information about the Haskell-Cafe