[Haskell-cafe] Dynamically linking frameworks on macOS (Ryan Trinkle)

Phil Ruffwind rf at rufflewind.com
Mon Jun 26 20:35:20 UTC 2017

Ryan Trinkle wrote:
> Is there anything I can do to avoid the need for -dynamic here?

Heh, I was finagling with this yesterday for different reasons (Arch
removed static boot libs from GHC).  I found that there's a
pc_DYNAMIC_BY_DEFAULT flag in /usr/lib/ghc-*.*.*/platformConstants which
turns on -dynamic by default.  I can't say if this will break anything
(Cabal in particular) though, given that "DynamicByDefault" does not
seem to have received much dev attention in recent years.