[Haskell-cafe] OpenCV Haskell: Missing C libraries (macOS)

Geraldus heraldhoi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:09:12 UTC 2017

Hi folks!

I'm trying to build opencv
<http://lumiguide.github.io/haskell-opencv/doc/index.html> as dependency on
my macOS Sierra. I stuck with missing _contrib and _legacy C libraries.
I've installed OpenCV with contrib packages via brew. Here are the steps
I've done.
Installation

I have installed opencv via brew (with some patches
<http://www.pyimagesearch.com/2017/05/15/resolving-macos-opencv-homebrew-install-errors/>
 of brew formula):

brew install opencv3 --with-contrib --with-python3

python
Python 3.6.1 (default, Apr  4 2017, 09:40:21)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.1.0 (clang-802.0.38)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.>>> import cv2>>> cv2.__version__'3.2.0'

I have not installed Python 2.7 bindings. Python 3.6 only.

Now stack build need some attention too:

stack build
opencv-0.0.1.0: configure
Progress: 1/2
--  While building package opencv-0.0.1.0 using:
    Configuring opencv-0.0.1.0...
    setup: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
    * Missing C libraries: opencv_calib3d, opencv_imgproc, opencv_contrib,
    opencv_legacy,
    This problem can usually be solved by installing the system packages that
    provide these libraries (you may need the "-dev" versions). If the libraries
    are already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the
    flags --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where they are.

Following suggestion I've tried specify include and lib dirs:

stack build --extra-lib-dirs=/usr/local/opt/opencv3/lib
--extra-include-dirs=/usr/local/opt/opencv3/include
opencv-0.0.1.0: configure
Progress: 1/2
--  While building package opencv-0.0.1.0 using:
    Configuring opencv-0.0.1.0...
    setup: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
    * Missing C libraries: opencv_contrib, opencv_legacy,
    This problem can usually be solved by installing the system packages that
    provide these libraries (you may need the "-dev" versions). If the libraries
    are already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the
    flags --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where they are.

I have no idea how to find where missing libraries are located.

Would appreciate any help! Arthur!