[Haskell-cafe] exceptions, errors, random

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 06:10:28 UTC 2017

Thanks! Quick question, if I can split my task into 4 completely
independent subtasks, what if I code a single program, then invoke this
program on each of the 4 subtasks and let the OS give each program a CPU
core (there are 4 cores on my MacBook)? Would that be a simple way to take
advantage of parallelism?

Note that it's always a good idea to start with a simpler prototype anyway
("solve a simpler problem first" in the words of Poyla) so it's a good idea
for me to write a prototype that does not use parallelism. If I can then
make it parallel just by invoking it four times and let the OS do its
thing, that would be nice.