[Haskell-cafe] Suggestions for "Advanced" Topics for Haskell-based Class

Conrad Cunningham hcc.olemiss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:53:08 UTC 2017

I am teaching a class in Haskell-based functional programming for advanced
undergraduates and beginning graduate students at my institution. None of
the students have previously used Haskell and for most of my students
functional programming is new.

Because I am teaching this in a "multiparadigm programming" course, I want
to expand beyond what I have usually covered in the Haskell-based
"functional programming" course and cover a few topics in areas such as
parallel, concurrent, distributed, reactive, or metaprogramming
(domain-specific languages, Template Haskell, etc.).

Assuming my course has more or less covered the topics in *Learn You a
Haskell for Great Good *(with likely shallow coverage of monads) at that
point, what would be good additional topics to cover, libraries to use, and
tutorial or teaching resources to use?  Although I have taught fundamental
Haskell FP topics for many years, I have not delved into any of these
"advanced" topics.

Thanks,
Conrad

--