[Haskell-cafe] ANN: `dump-core` a prettier GHC core viewer

Simon Jakobi simon.jakobi at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:41:37 UTC 2017

Wow, this looks great!

Do you think you could write a very short tutorial on how to use this
plugin in a stack project? A good example project might be Chris
Done's "xeno" which raised a lot of interest in generating fast Core:
https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/5ng8ov/fast_haskell_competing_with_c_at_parsing_xml/

Regarding the example output at
http://yav.github.io/dump-core/example-output/Galua.OpcodeInterpreter.html:
Is it intended that the variables in "$wsetStackSize" are (nearly) all
named "ww"? I think it would be more readable if I didn't have to
hover the cursor over a variable to tell which is which.

Lastly, could you please include the README in the extra-source-files,
so it's rendered on Hackage?

Thanks,
Simon