[Haskell-cafe] module is a package module error

Lana Black lanablack at amok.cc
Thu Jan 12 16:16:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use hint [1] to compile in runtime externally supplied
haskell code. The compiled code must have certain modules imported. The
problem is that I'm getting this error when loading modules

>WontCompile [GhcError {errMsg = "<no location info>: error: module
>\8216Internal\8217 is a package module"}]

I'm not really sure what to do with this. One way to fix this is to move
Internal to a separate package so that hint could load it through cabal,
but that's something I'd like to avoid. Is there any way I could make hint
use the same modules from the package it's being called from? The code
is located at [2].

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hint
[2]: https://github.com/greydot/hint-test/