[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hledger 1.1

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Jan 1 06:44:41 UTC 2017

Two months since last release, I'm pleased to announce hledger 1.1 !
Thank you to contributors Johannes Gerer, Nikolay Orlyuk, and Shubham
Lagwankar, along with all others who contributed in other ways.

hledger (http://hledger.org) is a dependable, precise, cross-platform
program for tracking money, time, or any other commodity, using
double-entry accounting and a simple plain text file format.  Inspired
by the Ledger project, hledger provides command-line, curses and web
interfaces, and aims to be a robust, practical tool for daily use.

Notable user-visible changes in this release:

- hledger-ui --watch live-updates as files or the current date change,
  useful eg when reconciling or for a time log dashboard

- Ledger-style balance assignments are now supported in journal files

Full release notes: http://hledger.org/release-notes#hledger-1.1

To install this release:

Get stack, eg from http://haskell-lang.org/get-started
$ stack install --resolver=nightly hledger [hledger-ui] [hledger-web] [hledger-api]
$ ~/.local/bin/hledger

or see http://hledger.org/download for more installation options.
Our IRC channel is #hledger on Freenode, and you can find out more at
http://hledger.org.

I hope you enjoy these tools and that they help you achieve your goals.
If you like hledger, your support and participation is appreciated!
Fund us on Gratipay or Bountysource, give feedback, report bugs, send
pull requests, write about it, etc.

Happy 2017!

Best,
-Simon