[Haskell-cafe] -Werror -Woverlapping-patterns -fglasgow-exts ?

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:14:18 UTC 2017

A tool to automatically select and add (almost) only the necessary
extensions to code that compiles successfully with -fglasgow-exts would be
quite nice to have, especially if it could run on a whole package. The
easiest thing would probably be to compile the module and then add
extensions included in -fglasgow-exts based on error messages, repeating
until the module compiles successfully. The included extension I'm familiar
with that seems hardest to handle is ScopedTypeVariables, as that can (in
some cases) change the meaning of code that compiles either way. So the
easiest thing would be to just include it unconditionally.