[Haskell-cafe] Managing package release workflow

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 13:45:48 UTC 2017

Hi Clinton,

> 2. Automatically apply appropriate version bounds to dependencies in my cabal
> file based on those snapshots.

I've never used 'stack', but I think it mostly boils down to setting the
appropriate snapshot dependency constraints and ghc version for the 'cabal'
run and therefore 'cabal-bounds'[1] should work in the same way as for
a direct 'cabal' run.

'cabal-bounds' only widdens the version bounds of a dependency, so
calling it for builds of multiple 'stack' snapshots should work.

So building your package for each snapshot and just calling
'cabal-bounds update' might just work.

Greetings,
Daniel

[1] https://github.com/dan-t/cabal-bounds