[Haskell-cafe] haskell-src-exts 8.2 compatible release

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 09:37:06 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I realise that people will be starting to use haskell-src-exts
libaries with the new GHC 8.2 release. However, I do not have time in
the foreseeable future (~ 1-2 months) to be able to implement the
necessary parts to support the new language features.

The way to make an 8.2 compatible release happen sooner is to send me
some patches!

There are some pull requests which I would like to merge but require
minor changes or rebasing and also a few language features which need
implementing.

https://github.com/haskell-suite/haskell-src-exts/milestones/1.18

None of them look very difficult to implement unlike other language
changes in past releases.

I started to work on what was necessary a few months ago but didn't
make a large amount of progress.

https://github.com/haskell-suite/haskell-src-exts/tree/ghc-8.2

Anyone's help contributing to this important but menial library would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt