[Haskell-cafe] Wow Monads!

Sergiu Ivanov sivanov at colimite.fr
Wed Apr 19 00:00:57 UTC 2017

Thus quoth  David McClain  at 22:47 on Tue, Apr 18 2017:

> Excellent point you make about type checking versus provably correct
> code. I probably allowed myself to be lulled by a false equivalence
> many times in the past, confusing one for the other under pressure to
> get something working. But then, how many programmers actually produce
> provably correct code? I can see that happening very easily in the
> small. But for overall large programs?

According to my knowledge, as well as to the unverified remark on
Wikipedia [0], not so many people prove their software correct.  That's
probably because current formal verification methods require a lot of
effort and have trouble supporting somewhat variable end-user
requirements within reasonable time bounds.

--
Sergiu

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_verification#Industry_use