[Haskell-cafe] Cross-compiling GHC

Jan von Löwenstein jan.loewenstein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:46:36 UTC 2017

I will definitely look at nix and cabal new-build. My current setup works
but makes me ship insanely oversized tarballs...

The project is a bosh-release (https://bosh.io), more precisely a cloud
provider interface for Kubernetes (
https://github.com/sap/bosh-kubernetes-cpi-release). In order to have
offline compilation with stack I currently have to package GHC thrice
(darwin, linux and old-linux (centos)) plus half of stackage for my
dependencies.

Offline compilation is probably what will not make `nix-shell -p
haskell.compiler.integer-simple.ghc802`
particularly simple. Or will it still?

Best
Jan