[Haskell-cafe] Cross-compiling GHC

David Johnson djohnson.m at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 21:22:42 UTC 2017

One (simple?) solution is to use the Nix package manager. Integer-simple
GHCs were recently added (available on both Darwin and Linux afaik). After
downloading the nix package manager, simply run:

*nix-shell -p haskell.compiler.integer-simple.ghc802*

The above command will put you into a shell with an integer-simple GHC-8.0.2

For more info on nix and haskell, this is a good guide:
https://github.com/Gabriel439/haskell-nix

Along with what is mentioned in the nixpkgs manual.
http://nixos.org/nixpkgs/manual/#users-guide-to-the-haskell-infrastructure

- David

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Jan von Löwenstein <
jan.loewenstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have an integer-simple GHC for Mac and Linux. As there is
> no official download for that I should probably build it myself.
>
> My CI server is running Linux containers though.
>
> When https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling says
> "build must equal host", does that mean I cannot produce a mac ghc with
> Linux ci server? How do others produce ghc for mac or Windows?
>
> Best
> Jan

Cell: 1.630.740.8204