[Haskell-cafe] Take over word24 package on hackage

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:44:35 UTC 2016

There seems to be some confusion here. John seems to have offered to you the capabilities to do maintenance on his package. He can just add your hackage account as a co-maintainer on hackage without any intervention. The package takeover process is for reassigning orphaned packages from non-responsive/disappeared maintainers. Since you seem to have a correspondence with John, I think he can just add you as a maintainer with upload rights directly. At this point you can then feel more comfortable in adding the package to stackage. I hope that makes sense and I’m not missing anything.

Best,
Gershom