[Haskell-cafe] Batteries included (Was: GHC is a monopoly compiler)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Sep 29 01:18:07 UTC 2016

If there's DIY tooling involved, then yes that is pretty far behind.
I don't think that's necessary; I dimly recall somebody mentioned that
Haskell does have a call interface to C code. The main challenge is to
find ways to "Haskellize" those strictly imperative APIs so they become
useful for the application programmer; I'd categorize that as
"incommensurable" rather than "behind".