[Haskell-cafe] New maintainer for HsOpenSSL

Vladimir Shabanov vshabanoff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:19:42 UTC 2016

Hello, I would like to become a new maintainer for HsOpenSSL package.

Package was last updated on January 6, 2015 and no new commits at
https://github.com/phonohawk/HsOpenSSL since then.

My pull request https://github.com/phonohawk/HsOpenSSL/pull/40 is waiting
here for more than a year. And there are ten more ignored pull requests.

I've mailed current maintainer https://github.com/phonohawk/
pho at cielonegro.org four months ago and received no answer.

Since there are no other maintainers I want to become the one.

Who am I? Developer of BazQux Reader which is a commercial Haskell
application that uses HsOpenSSL 24x7 in its crawler.

Will be glad to hear any suggestions or objections. If not, I'm planning to
wait for a few weeks and ask Hackage admins for maintenance rights.